Last November, Katelyn James wrote a blog post about first looks. At that time, I was fairly new to the wedding industry and hadn’t experienced all the new trends that break traditions. However, when seeing her post, I fell in love with the idea.
Catherine & Daniel‘s wedding was the first wedding I worked on where I got to witness a first look. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! I love first looks for many reasons and wanted to share Katelyn’s expertise with you as a very talented wedding photographer.
1) It cuts down the time for photos between ceremony and reception because you can get a lot of the couple shots out of the way before the ceremony
2) It allows you to spend some one-on-one, intimate time with your husband.
3) You end up with a ton more pictures!
4) It calms nerves prior to the ceremony, especially key for the groom.
5) Allows plenty of time for portraits while still giving the bride and groom time to celebrate later in the evening.