Claudia, a girl I used to work with in DC, had asked me to do a mint green inspiration board for her. I meant to do it before I moved, but things were so crazy that I never was able to get it done. Anyways, here it is…finally!
It’s that time of the year with brisk, cool evenings perfect for bonfires and blankets! In fact, Taylor and I went to a bonfire last night with Kat, a girl who works with us at Cadillac Ranch. It was fun to sit around the fire and smell the smells of fall and meet new friends.
Anyways, this time of the year is perfect to have the most cozy little outdoor seating area at your wedding, completely with comfy blankets for guests to curl up with a nice warm drink and enjoy the cool air. Plus, how fabulous are these photos?
Wow, it’s been quite a while! I even promised in my last post that I would get the blog back up and running this last week and clearly, that did not happen. As you can imagine, our first week in Nashville was a little hectic. Between our million trips to Target and Walmart to buy “things” for the apartment and starting a serving job at Cadillac Ranch Nashville on Wednesday after arriving in town, we have been busy, to say the least. My room is still a disaster and I am still missing one essential to finish it up…a dresser! Yes, a good majority of my clothes still remain in suitcases as I await the moment I stumble upon the perfect dresser! In the meantime, I have focused my attention away from my bedroom to other areas of the house i.e. my bathroom and our kitchen, and our wall with the amazing quote on it (pictures to be posted ASAP)! I suppose the room will come in later.
Anyhow, while I know that everyone enjoys a personal post here and there, I need to get back to my weddings & events posts. After all, that is what this blog is all about. And after spending the last couple hours Pinteresting, I am feeling quite inspired all over again. Can’t wait to get my hands in some Nashville events!!!
Today’s post is inspired by a fashion trend I adore…bold statement necklaces. However, they are not just for the fashionistas walking the streets of New York! I love bridal statement necklaces and the way they compliment a bride’s wedding fashion. Enjoy!
Hello blog followers!!! I am currently Nashville-bound! I can still hardly believe it. Stay tuned this week for posts & updates. I promise the blog will be up & running again this week 🙂 Happy Saturday!! –KF
Hello blog followers ❤
Sorry it’s been almost a week! As you can imagine, this week has been crazy with the upcoming move this weekend. Yesterday was my last day of work, so I spent Tuesday cleaning out my desk and wrapping things up and yesterday I trained my replacement! I have been spending my evenings with friends and family, trying to make sure I can see everyone before I leave. This week has been somewhat bittersweet, as I try to adjust to the idea that I am actually leaving on Saturday! I am nervous and sad..it’s hard to say goodbye to the people and the places I’ve known forever. But I am incredibly excited. I can’t wait to just get in our new apartment and decorate and experience the city.
Yesterday, I had a couple of hours to kill in Woodbridge before I had dinner with my good friend Courtney. So, I decided to walk through Ikea and see if I could find any inspiration for my new room in Nashville. Here are the things I found:
Things I’m saving up for…..
Now I just need to find a fun accent color! Any suggestions?
Last weekend, I worked a wedding with Henriette at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast. Megan & Dave’s wedding was beautiful and I just had to share some photos with you. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a camera with me, so the Blackberry photos will have to suffice until Aaron is able to share his professional pictures with us…I apologize for the poor quality, but I hope you enjoy this sneak peek!
Coordinator: Buelltiful Events (Henriette Buell & Kelley Finnegan)
Venue: Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast
Caterer: Star Catering
Photographer: Aaron Spicer Photography
The last couple weeks have been somewhat surreal. It’s finally settling in my mind that my big move is no longer something I am just talking or dreaming about…it’s happening…ready or not. I have been taken back with the thought that in 9 days, I will be driving 10 hours to start a new life in Nashville, TN. This is crazy. Life is crazy!
If you had told me a year ago that I would be doing this, I would have laughed out loud at the absurdity of it all. Me move 10 hours away from everything I’ve ever known with no job or plan other than to move into my pretty apartment with Taylor and see what life throws our way? Yea right. No chance I’d ever be brave enough to do that.
But over the last year and a half, I have grown and changed in ways I never imagined I could. I went from having a perfect plan for my life (marriage, job, where we wanted to live, etc. etc.) to having my world flipped up-side-down in a matter of days. It’s amazing how life works that way. I remember last summer thinking there is no possible way I can survive all of this. I never thought I’d see the day when I was truly happy and content with myself and my life.
It’s so cool to reflect on the various chapters of my life & remember the good times, but know that I am growing and changing into who I am meant to be.
In the last year I have learned so many things about myself and about life…
2) Relationships (friendship or romantic) should be easy. You should spend time with the people you enjoy being around. Everyone will fight once in a while, but being used to fighting is never healthy. And feeling like you’re the only one to make an effort in any type of relationship is also not healthy.
3) Friendships come and go…it’s a natural part of life, like growing up and moving out of your parents’ house. It doesn’t mean that someone did anything wrong or that you will never catch up/stay connected with that person. But you get to a point in your life when you realize that life and work and socializing don’t always coincide with the schedules of every single best friend you had in high school & college…and that is okay!
4) I have come to a point where I’m completely content with just me — this is a huge step for me and took a very long time. I really believe that you cannot be happy with yourself or happy with someone else until you learn to be okay with being on your own. (Notice I didn’t say “being alone”…I think the only way to learn to be okay with being on your own and learn to be happy with yourself is total focus on who you want to be and spending the time with the people who inspire and encourage you to become that person.)
5) GOD IS IN CONTROL. Sometimes it’s okay to not have a plan. I mean really…I can plan my future, I can plan my day, I can plan my work schedule, I can plan my outfit, I can plan a wedding….there are so many things in life that I can (and most often do) plan. But over the last year and a half I’ve learned that life will inevitably go according to God’s plan, which is typically not at all what I had ever imagined or envisioned. I’m 23, single, and I’m moving to a new, fun, crazy, beautiful city which I truly believe will have so much to offer me. As scary as not having a plan is to me, I believe that I will learn and grow so much from figuring it out and letting God guide me wherever He has planned for me.
6) It is NOT OKAY to settle in life….in your career, in your happiness, in your relationship. Find what makes you feel inspired & passionate!
7) Say YES. Don’t get so caught up in responsibility that you don’t have time to enjoy yourself. Take that beach trip. Go to the happy hour. Do that wedding even though you’re supposed to have this weekend off. Do the things that you enjoy and that make you happy.
8) Say NO. Don’t be afraid to say no when you need a break. This is one that I know, but I have a hard time putting into practice. I’m working on it…
9) Don’t be afraid to look silly. I’m learning that if I have to try to be a certain way for someone, then I don’t really want that person in my life anyways. I love to be silly, that’s just who I am. I like to dance like a goofball and I’m super sarcastic. The people who make me the most happy and that I enjoy being around the most are the ones I can be my crazy, goofy, silly self around.
10) Family & friends should always come first. You know the whole “your girlfriends will be there for you long after any guy will”? It’s totally cliché, but so true. Make time to spend with your family and with your girlfriends. Sometimes I’m not always the best at this (I’m not sure any of us are)…but it’s so important to remember.
Anyways, I know this post was weird. I’d be surprised if half of you have even read this far! But as I prepare to turn the page into the next chapter of my life, I think its important to reflect on where I have been, where I am now, & how I got here. I’m looking forward to seeing where this crazy ride takes me in Nashville and beyond. Who knows…
And as I grow and change, I expect this blog to do the same. So please take a moment to take my poll so I know what you want to see and read!
Hello lovelies! I know it’s been a while since my last post, considering I typically am very good about posting everyday Monday-Friday. As you can imagine, however, the upcoming move has meant that work life and personal life have been insanely busy! So anyways, I did not forget about you all…I am just doing my best to keep up with everything!
One of David Tutera‘s predictions for 2012 weddings is the metallic trend. I was a little skeptical at first, until I found these photos of fabulous metallics done exactly right. Not going to lie, I think just the right amount of metallic detail touches can be so beautiful…what do y’all think?